Sportive Lemurs: Lepilemuridae
Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Red-tailed Sportive Lemur (lepilemur Ruficaudatus): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, BIOMES, HABITAT, SPORTIVE LEMURS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
WHITE-FOOTED SPORTIVE LEMUR (Lepilemur leucopus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Sportive lemurs live only on the island of Madagascar, which is off the east coast of Africa.
Evergreen forests, where the trees stay green all year, and hot, dry forests.
Most sportive lemurs live in forested areas, ranging from evergreen rainforests to hot dry forests.
Sportive lemurs are hunted for food.
All seven species of sportive lemur are listed by the World Conservation Union (IUCN) due to loss of forest habitat, or living spaces. This is due to slash-and-burn agriculture, where forests are burned to clear land for people's homes and farms. Cattle and goat overgrazing also destroys habitat. Two species are Vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction, and five are Near Threatened, not currently threatened, but could become so.
- Elephants: Proboscidea - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Elephants And People, Asian Elephant (elephas Maximus): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Pygmy Possums: Burramyidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Eastern Pygmy Possum (cercartetus Nanus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, PYGMY POSSUMS AND PEOPLE
- Sportive Lemurs: Lepilemuridae - Physical Characteristics
- Sportive Lemurs: Lepilemuridae - Diet
- Sportive Lemurs: Lepilemuridae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Sportive Lemurs: Lepilemuridae - Red-tailed Sportive Lemur (lepilemur Ruficaudatus): Species Accounts
- Sportive Lemurs: Lepilemuridae - White-footed Sportive Lemur (lepilemur Leucopus): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias