Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And ReproductionGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, BLINDSKINKS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
The majority of blindskink species are found in eastern India; southern Thailand; Borneo; Vietnam; Laos; Kampuchea; the Nicobar, Sunda, and Andaman Islands; southern China; Sumatra; Malaysia; most of Indonesia; the Philippines; and westernmost New Guinea. A single species is found in a very small area of northeastern Mexico.
Blindskinks do not interact with people. Few people ever see them.
Blindskinks are not threatened. Many species suffer from loss of their habitat, or their preferred living area, as the result of movements of people, farming, tree removal, and pollution, or poison, waste, or other material that makes the environment dirty and harmful to health. There are no conservation efforts under way to protect blindskinks.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Arnosky, Jim. All about Lizards. New York: Scholastic, 2004.
Bartlett, Richard D. In Search of Reptiles and Amphibians. New York: E. J. Brill, 1988.
Cogger, Harold, and Richard Zweifel, eds. Reptiles and Amphibians. San Francisco: Weldon Owens, 1992.
Halliday, Tim, and Kraig Adler, eds. Encyclopedia of Reptiles and Amphibians. New York: Facts on File, 1986.
Lamar, William. The World's Most Spectacular Reptiles and Amphibians. Tampa, FL: World Publications, 1997.
Mattison, Chris. Lizards of the World. New York: Facts on File, 1989.
Pough, F. Harvey, Robin M. Andrews, John E. Cadle, Martha L. Crump, Alan H. Savitzky, and Kentwood D. Wells. Herpetology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998.
Riccuiti, Edward R. Reptiles. Woodbridge, CT: Blackbirch Press, 1993.
Sprackland, Robert G., Jr. All about Lizards. Neptune City, NJ: T. F. H. Publications, 1977.
- Wormlizards: Amphisbaenidae - Physical Characteristics, Geographic Range, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, White-bellied Wormlizard (amphisbaena Alba): Species Account - HABITAT, WORMLIZARDS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Geckos and Pygopods: Gekkonidae - Physical Characteristics, Geographic Range, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Geckos, Pygopods, And People - DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Blindskinks: Dibamidae - Physical Characteristics
- Blindskinks: Dibamidae - Habitat
- Blindskinks: Dibamidae - Diet
- Blindskinks: Dibamidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Other Free Encyclopedias