Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Tarsiers And People, Conservation Status, Philippine Tarsier (tarsius Syrichta): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
WESTERN TARSIER (Tarsius bancanus:): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Tarsiers are found in the Philippines, Indonesia, and Borneo.
Tarsiers live in a variety of habitats. They occupy mainly secondary forests with enough canopies that provide vertical branches for clinging, usually about 3 to 6 feet (0.9 to 1.8 meters) above the ground. Tarsiers also inhabit shrublands, bamboo thickets, mangroves, grasslands, and plantations. They also live in primary forests with their characteristic dense canopies and thinner lower vegetation.
Tarsiers are carnivores, feeding mainly on live animals, including cockroaches, beetles, moths, lizards, snakes, and roosting birds. They consume almost every part of their prey, including the feathers, beaks, and feet of birds.
- Octodonts: Octodontidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Octodonts And People, Degu (octodon Degus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Tuco-Tucos: Ctenomyidae - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Pearson's Tuco-tuco (ctenomys Pearsoni): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, TUCO-TUCOS AND PEOPLE
- Tarsiers: Tarsiidae - Physical Characteristics
- Tarsiers: Tarsiidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Tarsiers: Tarsiidae - Tarsiers And People
- Tarsiers: Tarsiidae - Conservation Status
- Tarsiers: Tarsiidae - Philippine Tarsier (tarsius Syrichta): Species Accounts
- Tarsiers: Tarsiidae - Western Tarsier (tarsius Bancanus:): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias