Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Senegal Bushbaby (galago Senegalensis): Species Accounts, Northern Greater Bushbaby (otolemur Garnettii): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, BUSHBABIES AND PEOPL
NORTHERN GREATER BUSHBABY (Otolemur garnettii): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Bushbabies are found in many parts of Africa, from sea level to 6,000 feet (1,800 meters).
Bushbabies live in many areas, from dry, thorny scrub to evergreen tropical rainforests.
Depending on the species, bushbabies usually eat fruit, gum or plant fluids, and insects. They can find insects by sound alone and snatch them from the air as they fly past.
Bushbabies are often captured by local people as pets. The larger species may be used as food or killed for their fur. Bushbabies may also be taken for zoo exhibits. Bushbabies can be carriers for the yellow fever virus. Mosquitoes feeding on them can transmit the disease to humans.
Most species are common in Africa. However one species is Endangered, facing a very high risk of extinction, and six are Near Threatened, not threatened, but could become so, due to habitat, or living area, destruction.
- Musky Rat-Kangaroo: Hypsiprymnodontidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, MUSKY RAT-KANGAROOS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Possums and Cuscuses: Phalangeridae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Ground Cuscus (phalanger Gymnotis): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CUSCUSES POSSUMS AND PEOPLE
- Bushbabies: Galagidae - Physical Characteristics
- Bushbabies: Galagidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Bushbabies: Galagidae - Senegal Bushbaby (galago Senegalensis): Species Accounts
- Bushbabies: Galagidae - Northern Greater Bushbaby (otolemur Garnettii): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias