Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Sandgrouse And People, Namaqua Sandgrouse (pterocles Namaqua): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
PALLAS'S SANDGROUSE (Syrrhaptes paradoxus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Sandgrouse are found exclusively in the Old World, including portions of Africa, Europe, the Middle East, India, China, and Mongolia.
Sandgrouse are found in desert and semi-desert areas as well as in various grassland habitats.
Sandgrouse eat seeds almost exclusively. They pick seeds off the surface of the ground, and may also look for buried seeds by flicking away the surface layer of sand with their bills. Sandgrouse also drink water frequently, often daily. They drink by dipping their bills in water and sucking, and then raising their heads to swallow.
No sandgrouse species are considered threatened at this time. However, hunting has affected some populations.
- New Zealand Wrens: Acanthisittidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, New Zealand Wrens And People, Rifleman (acanthisitta Chloris): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Whistlers: Pachycephalidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Golden Whistler (pachycephala Pectoralis): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, WHISTLERS AND PEOPLE
- Sandgrouse: Pterocliformes - Physical Characteristics
- Sandgrouse: Pterocliformes - Behavior And Reproduction
- Sandgrouse: Pterocliformes - Sandgrouse And People
- Sandgrouse: Pterocliformes - Namaqua Sandgrouse (pterocles Namaqua): Species Accounts
- Sandgrouse: Pterocliformes - Pallas's Sandgrouse (syrrhaptes Paradoxus): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias