Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Marsupial Moles And People, Conservation Status, Southern Marsupial Mole (notoryctes Typhlops): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
Marsupial moles live in the deserts of Western Australia, South Australia, the Northern Territory and southwestern corner of Queensland.
These moles live in sandy desert regions and seem to prefer sand plains near seasonal rivers or sand ridges where spinifex grass grows.
Marsupial moles hunt and feed underground, digging their food out of the sand. They are insectivores, eating mainly ants, termites, and insect larvae (LAR-vee). They have also been known to eat seeds and small lizards. Marsupial moles kept in captivity and fed on the surface take their food underground to eat it.
- Dassie Rat: Petromuridae - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DASSIE RATS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Free-Tailed Bats and Mastiff Bats: Molossidae - Physical Characteristics, Geographic Range, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Molossids And People, Conservation Status - DIET
- Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia - Physical Characteristics
- Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia - Behavior And Reproduction
- Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia - Marsupial Moles And People
- Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia - Conservation Status
- Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia - Southern Marsupial Mole (notoryctes Typhlops): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias