Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae
Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Hokkaido Salamander (hynobius Retardatus): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, ASIATIC SALAMANDERS AND PEOPLE
JAPANESE CLAWED SALAMANDER (Onychodactylus japonicus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
SEMIRECHENSK SALAMANDER (Ranodon sibiricus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Asiatic salamanders live only in Asia. Their range extends from Japan, Taiwan, and the mainland of China westward to Afghanistan, Iran, and Kazakhstan in central Asia. To the north, Asian salamanders live on the Kamchatka peninsula, the island of Sakhalin, and in Siberia and Mongolia westward beyond the Ural Mountains. Siberian salamanders are the only Asiatic salamanders that enter European Russia and are the only salamanders that live north of the Arctic Circle.
Asiatic salamanders, both larvae and adults, eat insects and other invertebrates (in-VER-teh-brehts), which are animals without backbones. Hokkaido salamanders and Longdong stream salamanders eat others of their own species.
Asiatic salamanders have no known importance to people.
- Asiatic Giant Salamanders and Hellbenders: Cryptobranchidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Hellbender (cryptobranchus Alleganiensis): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, HELLBENDERS ASIATIC GIANT
- Getting to Know Amphibians
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Physical Characteristics
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Habitat
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Conservation Status
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Hokkaido Salamander (hynobius Retardatus): Species Accounts
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Japanese Clawed Salamander (onychodactylus Japonicus): Species Accounts
- Asiatic Salamanders: Hynobiidae - Semirechensk Salamander (ranodon Sibiricus): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias