Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Fleas And People, Chigoe (tunga Penetrans): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Fleas are found on all continents, including Antarctica. There are 2,575 species of fleas worldwide, 258 of which occur in North America.
There are no fleas that are considered endangered or threatened. However, flea species that feed only on one host species are vulnerable to extinction if their hosts were to become threatened by extinction. In these cases the fleas would share the fate of their hosts. No one has yet attempted to identify or list fleas that feed only on species listed by the World Conservation Union (IUCN).
- Insects Spiders: Pronunciation Guide for Scientific Names
- Scorpionflies and Hangingflies: Mecoptera - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, No Common Name (panorpa Nuptialis): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, MECOPTERANS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Physical Characteristics
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Habitat
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Diet
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Behavior And Reproduction
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Fleas And People
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Chigoe (tunga Penetrans): Species Accounts
- Fleas: Siphonaptera - Sheep And Goat Flea (dorcadia Ioffi): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias