Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Flathead Mullet (mugil Cephalus): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, MULLETS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Mullets live all over the world.
Young mullets eat plankton, which are microscopic plants and animals drifting in water. Larger mullets eat microscopic plants and animals from submerged surfaces and eat small invertebrates, or animals without backbones.
Mullets are important food fishes. They are both caught and farmed.
Mullets are not threatened or endangered.
- Rainbowfishes and Silversides: Atheriniformes - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Rainbowfishes, Silversides, And People, Conservation Status, California Grunion (leuresthes Tenuis): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
- Anglerfishes: Lophiiformes - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Sargassumfish (histrio Histrio): Species Accounts, Monkfish (lophius Americanus): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, ANGLERFISHES AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION S
- Mullets: Mugiliformes - Physical Characteristics
- Mullets: Mugiliformes - Habitat
- Mullets: Mugiliformes - Behavior And Reproduction
- Mullets: Mugiliformes - Flathead Mullet (mugil Cephalus): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias