Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Lampshells And People, Black Lampshell (hemithyris Psittacea): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
Lampshells are found in all oceans.
Lampshells live on the bottom of oceans with cold, moderate, or warm waters. They either attach themselves to hard objects or bury themselves in mud or sand. They are found along seashores to depths of 17,410 feet (5,300 meters).
Lampshells eat bits of plants, animals, and other organisms floating in the water. The sticky tentacles collect food from water flowing past the body in between the valves.
No species is considered threatened or endangered.
- Mollusks Crustaceans - Species List by Biome
- Sand Worms Clam Worms and Tubeworms: Polychaeta - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Clam Worms, Sand Worms, Tubeworms, And People - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Lampshells: Brachipoda - Physical Characteristics
- Lampshells: Brachipoda - Behavior And Reproduction
- Lampshells: Brachipoda - Lampshells And People
- Lampshells: Brachipoda - Black Lampshell (hemithyris Psittacea): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias