Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Copepods And People, Conservation Status, No Common Name (oithona Plumifera): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET
NO COMMON NAME (Monstrilla grandis): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
SALMON LOUSE (Lepeophtheirus salmonis): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Copepods are found on every continent, including Antarctica. They also live in all of the world's oceans and seas.
As a group, copepods eat a wide variety of foods. Some species grab tiny organisms, or bits of their tissues, floating in the water. Others are specialists and will eat only tiny algae (AL-jee). Species living on the bottom usually scavenge dead organisms, but some prey on tiny animals. Parasites living on or inside their hosts feed on body tissues and fluids.
- Mussel Shrimp: Ostracoda - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, No Common Name (vargula Hilgendorfii): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, MUSSEL SHRIMP AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Mystacocarids: Mystacocarida - Physical Characteristics, Mystacocarids And People, No Common Name (derocheilocaris Typicus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, BEHAVIOR AND REPRODUCTION, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Copepods: Copepoda - Physical Characteristics
- Copepods: Copepoda - Habitat
- Copepods: Copepoda - Behavior And Reproduction
- Copepods: Copepoda - Copepods And People
- Copepods: Copepoda - Conservation Status
- Copepods: Copepoda - No Common Name (oithona Plumifera): Species Accounts
- Copepods: Copepoda - No Common Name (monstrilla Grandis): Species Accounts
- Copepods: Copepoda - Salmon Louse (lepeophtheirus Salmonis): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias