Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, No Common Name (itoitantulus Misophricola): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, TANTULOCARIDANS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Very little is know about the distribution of these animals because of their small size. They are currently known to live in the North and South Pacific, North and South Atlantic, Arctic, and Antarctic oceans.
Tantulocaridans spend most of their lives attached to other marine crustaceans living on the ocean floor. Their hosts include cumaceans, tanaids, isopods, amphipods, copepods, and ostracods. Some larval stages are also found in mud or sand on the ocean bottom.
Tantulocaridans are external parasites and feed on the body fluids of their hosts.
Tantulocaridans do not impact people or their activities.
No tantulocaridans are considered threatened or endangered.
- Fish Lice: Branchiura - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Fish Louse (argulus Foliaceus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, FISH LICE AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Barnacles and Relatives: Thecostraca - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Barnacles, Their Relatives, And People, No Common Name (trypetesa Lampas): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Tantulocaridans: Tantulocarida - Physical Characteristics
- Tantulocaridans: Tantulocarida - Behavior And Reproduction
- Tantulocaridans: Tantulocarida - No Common Name (itoitantulus Misophricola): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias