New World Warblers: Parulidae
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Yellow-breasted Chat (icteria Virens): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, NEW WORLD WARBLERS AND PEOPLE
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER (Mniotilta varia): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
KIRTLAND'S WARBLER (Dendroica kirtlandii): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
New World warblers live in North America, South America, Central America, and the West Indies.
Primarily forest birds, different species of New World warblers, also known as wood warblers, may be found in everything from thick and dark forests to dry and open woods. Some have more unusual habits, and will live either in deserts or swamps.
These smallish birds spend much of their days on the move and looking for insect meals. Using their slender beaks, the birds are skillful at plucking small insects and spiders from even very tiny cracks and crevices in tree bark, between leaves, and from other hideaways. A few species add berries and seeds to their diets, and some even rely on those food sources to survive snowy winters. Most New World warblers scrounge for food on the ground or on plants or trees.
Warblers have a special place in the hearts of birders and anyone else who enjoys a lilting song or a glimpse of color while walking outdoors. Some North American communities even have festivals to herald the return of the small birds each spring.
- Pipits and Wagtails: Motacillidae - Physical Characteristics, Geographic Range, Behavior And Reproduction, Pipits, Wagtails, Longclaws, And People - HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Hoatzin: Opisthocomiformes - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, HOATZINS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- New World Warblers: Parulidae - Physical Characteristics
- New World Warblers: Parulidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- New World Warblers: Parulidae - Conservation Status
- New World Warblers: Parulidae - Yellow-breasted Chat (icteria Virens): Species Accounts
- New World Warblers: Parulidae - Black-and-white Warbler (mniotilta Varia): Species Accounts
- New World Warblers: Parulidae - Kirtland's Warbler (dendroica Kirtlandii): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias