Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, White Helmet-shrike (prionops Plumatus): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, SHRIKES AND PEOPLE
LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE (Lanius ludovicianus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Shrikes appear throughout the world in Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, Russia, and New Guinea. Virtually all of the bush-shrike species live in Africa, while the helmet-shrikes and the true shrikes live in sub-Saharan Africa. Of the true shrikes, the loggerhead is the only species to occupy North America. The other species are more widespread.
Shrikes have only recently overcome their reputation as "harmful" birds, although they are still hunted and either eaten or used as decoys to capture larger birds of prey. Founded in 1991, the International Shrike Working Group, along with numerous bird groups around the world, is working to protect this bird family and learn more about it.
- Rheas: Rheidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Lesser Rhea (pterocnemia Pennata): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, RHEAS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Tinamous: Tinamidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Tinamous And People, Conservation Status, Highland Tinamou (nothocercus Bonapartei): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
- Shrikes: Laniidae - Physical Characteristics
- Shrikes: Laniidae - Habitat
- Shrikes: Laniidae - Diet
- Shrikes: Laniidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Shrikes: Laniidae - Conservation Status
- Shrikes: Laniidae - White Helmet-shrike (prionops Plumatus): Species Accounts
- Shrikes: Laniidae - Loggerhead Shrike (lanius Ludovicianus): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias