Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Mauritius Cuckoo-shrike (coracina Typica): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, CUCKOO-SHRIKES AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
FIERY MINIVET (Pericrocotus igneus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Cuckoo-shrikes are found only in middle and southern Africa, south and Southeast Asia, Australasia, and the western Pacific Islands.
Cuckoo-shrikes mostly eat insects such as caterpillars and some fruit, but some species also eat seeds and plant parts.
Cuckoo-shrikes do not have a special significance to humans.
Four cuckoo-shrike species are listed as Vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction in the wild, or Endangered, facing a very high risk of extinction. These species include the Ghana cuckoo-shrike, Réunion cuckoo-shrike, Mauritius cuckoo-shrike, and white-winged cuckoo-shrike. However, due to habitat loss and degradation, about a dozen other species have Near Threatened status, in danger of becoming threatened with extinction.
- Mesites and Roatelos: Mesitornithidae - Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, White-breasted Mesite (mesitornis Variegata): Species Account - PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS, GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, ROATELOS MESITES AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- New World Blackbirds and Orioles: Icteridae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Blackbirds, Orioles, And People, Baltimore Oriole (icterus Galbula): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Cuckoo-Shrikes: Campephagidae - Physical Characteristics
- Cuckoo-Shrikes: Campephagidae - Habitat
- Cuckoo-Shrikes: Campephagidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Cuckoo-Shrikes: Campephagidae - Mauritius Cuckoo-shrike (coracina Typica): Species Accounts
- Cuckoo-Shrikes: Campephagidae - Fiery Minivet (pericrocotus Igneus): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias