Seychelles Frogs: Sooglossidae
Physical Characteristics, Geographic Range, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Seychelles Frog (sooglossus Sechellensis): Species AccountHABITAT, DIET, SEYCHELLES FROGS AND PEOPLE
Within Seychelles, these frogs live only on Mahé and Silhouette islands, and usually more than 656 feet (200 meters) above sea level, although a single Thomasset's frog was found lower on the mountain, at about 312 feet (95 meters) above sea level. Rainforests are home for all four species. The Seychelles palm frog only lives in those areas that have plenty of palms, and Thomasset's frog likes to remain in forests near rocky streams.
They will eat mosquitoes, fruit flies, and other small insects, as well as mites and other invertebrates (in-VER-teh-brehts), which are animals without backbones, that they find in the forest. Thomasset's frog also hunts for insects alongside streams.
People rarely see these secretive frogs.
- Tailless Caecilians: Caeciliidae - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Mexican Caecilian (dermophis Mexicanus): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, TAILLESS CAECILIANS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Ghost Frogs: Heleophrynidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Natal Ghost Frog (heleophryne Natalensis): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, GHOST FROGS AND PEOPLE
- Seychelles Frogs: Sooglossidae - Physical Characteristics
- Seychelles Frogs: Sooglossidae - Geographic Range
- Seychelles Frogs: Sooglossidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Seychelles Frogs: Sooglossidae - Conservation Status
- Seychelles Frogs: Sooglossidae - Seychelles Frog (sooglossus Sechellensis): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias