Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Bar-breasted Mousebird (colius Striatus): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, MOUSEBIRDS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Mousebirds live in sub-Saharan Africa, in countries south of the Sahara Desert. Bar-breasted mousebirds range throughout most of that area. White-headed mousebirds live in Kenya and Tanzania. Chestnut-backed mousebirds live in the region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Angola. White-backed mousebirds and red-faced mousebirds live in southern Africa. Blue-naped mousebirds live in western, central, and eastern Africa.
Mousebirds live in forests where deciduous trees lose their leaves during dry or cold seasons. The birds live in grassland areas where there are fewer trees and grass grows. Some birds live in parks and in garden trees.
Mousebirds eat fruit, flowers, leaves, and buds. They sometimes eat insects.
Mousebirds damage trees, and that upsets people. They may poison or shoot the birds. Mousebirds sometimes die when pesticide is sprayed to kill insects. Not all birds are disliked; some people have bar-breasted mousebirds as cage birds.
Mousebirds are not in danger of extinction (dying out).
- Limpkin: Aramidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, LIMPKINS AND PEOPLE
- Waxbills and Grassfinches: Estrildidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Common Waxbill (estrilda Astrild): Species Accounts, Zebra Finch (taeniopygia Guttata): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, WEAVERFINCHES AND PEO
- Mousebirds: Coliiformes - Physical Characteristics
- Mousebirds: Coliiformes - Behavior And Reproduction
- Mousebirds: Coliiformes - Bar-breasted Mousebird (colius Striatus): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias