Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Tawny Frogmouth (podargus Strigoides): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, FROGMOUTHS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Australian frogmouths live in Australia, New Guinea and surrounding islands, Tasmania, and the Solomon Islands. Asian frogmouths live in Asian countries including India, Vietnam, Sri Lanka¸ the Philippines, Borneo, and Java.
Frogmouths live in a range of habitats where there are trees. Some species live in rainforests where heavy rain produces plenty of trees. Other birds live in grassland and scrub areas where there are fewer trees. Species live in plantations, where people plant trees, and birds also live in neighborhoods.
For the most part, frogmouths remain hidden from people and have little relationship with them.
Although frogmouths are not in danger of dying out, loss of habitat could cause a decrease in some frogmouth populations. According to the World Conservation Union (IUCN), changes such as deforestation, cutting down trees, could have an effect on species including the large frogmouth, Gould's frogmouth, and the Bornean frogmouth.
- Guineafowl: Numididae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Helmeted Guineafowl (numida Meleagris): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, GUINEAFOWL AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Australian Honeyeaters: Meliphagidae - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Bishop's Oo (moho Bishopi): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, AUSTRALIAN HONEYEATERS AND PEOPLE
- Frogmouths: Podargidae - Physical Characteristics
- Frogmouths: Podargidae - Diet
- Frogmouths: Podargidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Frogmouths: Podargidae - Tawny Frogmouth (podargus Strigoides): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias