Anis Cuckoos and Roadrunners: Cuculiformes
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Cuculiformes And People, Common Cuckoo (cuculus Canorus): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
GREATER ROADRUNNER (Geococcyx californiana): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Cuckoos are located on every continent except Antarctica. The great spotted cuckoo is found in countries including France, Iraq, and Egypt. The common cuckoo spends summers in Europe and Asia, then winters in Africa. The greater anis range in Central and South America. Greater roadrunners live in the United States and Mexico.
Members of this large family live in a variety of habitats. Some cuckoos range in rainforests, where heavy rainfall produces an abundance of trees. Greater anis live in tropical coniferous forests, where trees don't shed leaves. They also range in grasslands where there are few trees. Roadrunners live in the desert.
Cuculidae eat insects like caterpillars and grasshoppers. Some species eat lizards, seeds, fruit, berries, and bird eggs.
Most species aren't at risk of becoming extinct, dying out. However, populations may decline if the amount of rainforest is reduced.
- Sharpbill: Oxyruncidae - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, SHARPBILLS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Treecreepers: Certhiidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Brown Creeper (certhia Americana): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, TREECREEPERS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Anis Cuckoos and Roadrunners: Cuculiformes - Physical Characteristics
- Anis Cuckoos and Roadrunners: Cuculiformes - Behavior And Reproduction
- Anis Cuckoos and Roadrunners: Cuculiformes - Cuculiformes And People
- Anis Cuckoos and Roadrunners: Cuculiformes - Common Cuckoo (cuculus Canorus): Species Accounts
- Anis Cuckoos and Roadrunners: Cuculiformes - Greater Roadrunner (geococcyx Californiana): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias