Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation StatusGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, OSTRICHES AND PEOPLE
Ostriches are found in parts of central and southern Africa.
Ostriches live in dry, sandy regions of Africa, including grassland, desert, woodlands, shrubland, and savannas, flat grasslands with scattered trees and shrubs.
The documented relationship between ostriches and humans dates back 5,000 years to Mesopotamia and Egypt, where ostriches were raised for their feathers, eggs, skin, and meat. Ostriches are still used for these purposes but are raised on commercial farms in Africa, Europe, and North America. Their eggs are used both as food and for decoration.
- Sungrebes: Heliornithidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Sungrebe (heliornis Fulica): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, SUNGREBES AND PEOPLE
- Hedge Sparrows: Prunellidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Dunnock (prunella Modularis): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, HEDGE SPARROWS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Ostrich: Struthionidae - Physical Characteristics
- Ostrich: Struthionidae - Diet
- Ostrich: Struthionidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Ostrich: Struthionidae - Conservation Status
- Other Free Encyclopedias