Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation StatusGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, GHARIALS AND PEOPLE
Gharial populations are scattered here and there in India, Nepal, and Pakistan, and individuals are sometimes spotted in Bangladesh and Bhutan.
Local people sometimes gather gharial eggs for food or hunt the males for the ghara, which they use to make potions. Some people fear gharials, but they do not attack or eat humans. This reptile does, however, hold a place in Hindu legends of a river goddess, named Ma Ganga, who rides on a gharial's back.
- Alligators and Caimans: Alligatoridae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, American Alligator (alligator Mississippiensis): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, CAIMANS ALLIGATORS AND PEOPLE
- African Burrowing Snakes: Atractaspididae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, African Burrowing Snakes And People, Southern Burrowing Asp (atractaspis Bibronii): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Gharial: Gavialidae - Physical Characteristics
- Gharial: Gavialidae - Habitat
- Gharial: Gavialidae - Diet
- Gharial: Gavialidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Gharial: Gavialidae - Conservation Status
- Other Free Encyclopedias