Rabbits Pikas and Hares: Lagomorpha
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Lagomorphs And People, Conservation StatusGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
Lagomorphs are found on every continent except Antarctica. They are native to every continent they are found on, except Australia where they were introduced.
Pikas are found in two distinct habitats. Some live among rocks and rocky areas. Others live in meadows, steppes (semiarid, grass-covered plains), shrubs and desert. Hares live in arctic tundra, steppes, wetlands, forests, and deserts. Rabbits live in pine and deciduous forests, desert, mountainous areas, scrubland, tropical rainforest, near rivers and streams, rocky outcroppings, grasslands, and areas of dense brush or other low-lying vegetation.
Lagomorphs are herbivores, meaning they are plant-eaters, with a primary diet of grasses and herbs but also will feed on fruit, seeds, leaves, shoots, and bark.
- Three-Toed Tree Sloths: Bradypodidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Brown-throated Three-toed Sloth (bradypus Variegatus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, THREE-TOED TREE SLOTHS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Titis Sakis and Uakaris: Pitheciidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Pitheciids And People, Conservation Status, White-faced Saki (pithecia Pithecia):species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
- Rabbits Pikas and Hares: Lagomorpha - Physical Characteristics
- Rabbits Pikas and Hares: Lagomorpha - Behavior And Reproduction
- Rabbits Pikas and Hares: Lagomorpha - Lagomorphs And People
- Rabbits Pikas and Hares: Lagomorpha - Conservation Status
- Other Free Encyclopedias