Chinchilla Rats: Abrocomidae
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Chinchilla Rats And People, Ashy Chinchilla Rat (abrocoma Cinerea): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
They are found from coastal areas to the Andes Mountains in southern Peru, northern Chile, northwest Argentina, and central Bolivia.
Chinchilla rats live in rock crevices and elaborate burrows under rocks or at the base of shrubs.
Chinchilla rats are herbivores, meaning they eat only plants. The feed at night on seeds, fruits, and nuts.
The Bolivian chinchilla rat is listed as Vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction in the wild, due to its population being confined to a small area. The other chinchilla rats are not listed as threatened by the IUCN.
- Honey Possum: Tarsipedidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Honey Possums And People - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Sea Cows Dugongs and Manatees: Sirenia - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Sirenia And People, Conservation Status - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE
- Chinchilla Rats: Abrocomidae - Physical Characteristics
- Chinchilla Rats: Abrocomidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Chinchilla Rats: Abrocomidae - Chinchilla Rats And People
- Chinchilla Rats: Abrocomidae - Ashy Chinchilla Rat (abrocoma Cinerea): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias