Dassie Rat: Petromuridae
Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And ReproductionGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DASSIE RATS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Dassie rats can be found in the Southwest Arid Zone of Africa, from southwestern Angola to the central and western parts of Namibia to the northwestern Northern Cape Province in South Africa.
Dassie rats do not have any special relationship with humans.
Dassie rats are not listed as threatened by The World Conservation Union (IUCN), but there is only a small population and they are not present in a large number of areas.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Alderton, David. Rodents of the World. New York: Facts on File, Inc., 1996.
"Dassie Rat." In Walker's Mammals of the World, 6th ed. Vol. 2. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1999.
Macdonald, David, ed. The Encyclopedia of Mammals. Vol. 3. New York: Facts on File, Inc., 2001.
Myers, Phil. "Family Petromuridae." Animal Diversity Web. http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Petromuridae.html (accessed on June 12, 2004).
- Sperm Whales: Physeteridae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Sperm Whales And People, Sperm Whale (physeter Macrocephalus): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Marsupial Moles: Notoryctemorphia - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Marsupial Moles And People, Conservation Status, Southern Marsupial Mole (notoryctes Typhlops): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
- Dassie Rat: Petromuridae - Physical Characteristics
- Dassie Rat: Petromuridae - Habitat
- Dassie Rat: Petromuridae - Diet
- Dassie Rat: Petromuridae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Other Free Encyclopedias