Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Pangolins And People, Ground Pangolin (manis Temminckii): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
Pangolins are found in the tropical, hot and humid climate, and subtropical areas of Africa and Asia.
Pangolins live in a variety of habitats, including forests, thick bush, sandy areas, and open grasslands. Some species of pangolins are arboreal, live in trees, and shelter in tree hollows. Other species live on the land and stay in burrows, holes, dug either by other animals or themselves.
Pangolins eat almost exclusively on ants and termites. They snatch up individual insects, and also dig up entire ant hills and termite nests.
Four species of pangolins are listed as Near Threatened, not currently threatened, but could become so, in the World Conservation Union (IUCN) Red List. Deforestation, the clearing of forests, has destroyed these animals natural habitat and caused a decrease in their population. In many areas, pangolins are legally protected animals. Aside from humans, leopards, lions, and tigers, are the main predatory threat of pangolins.
- Sheath-Tailed Bats Sac-Winged Bats and Ghost Bats: Emballonuridae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Greater Sac-winged Bat (saccopteryx Bilineata): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, EMBALLONURIDS AND PEOPLE, THE FIRS
- Mouse-Tailed Bats: Rhinopomatidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Hardwicke's Lesser Mouse-tailed Bat (rhinopoma Hardwickei): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, MOUSE-TAILED BATS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Pangolins: Pholidota - Physical Characteristics
- Pangolins: Pholidota - Behavior And Reproduction
- Pangolins: Pholidota - Pangolins And People
- Pangolins: Pholidota - Ground Pangolin (manis Temminckii): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias