Deer: Cervidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Siberian Musk Deer (moschus Moschiferus): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, DEER AND PEOPLE
SIBERIAN MUSK DEER (Moschus moschiferus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
INDIAN MUNTJAC (Muntiacus muntjak): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
RED DEER (Cervus elaphus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
WHITE-TAILED DEER (Odocoileus virginianus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
SOUTHERN PUDU (Pudu pudu): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
MOOSE (Alces alces): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
REINDEER (Rangifer tarandus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Deer are found everywhere except Australia and Africa.
Depending on the species, deer live in a variety of habitats. Most deer species prefer areas with thick forest undergrowth.
Deer are herbivores (plant eaters) that eat lichens (fungus found on trees), leaves, twigs, shoots, berries, and grasses. They have four stomach chambers, which allow them to chew and swallow their food and then regurgitate (vomit) it later for further chewing. This makes digestion more efficient.
DEER AND PEOPLE
A number of species are important game animals throughout the world. They are hunted for meat and sport, and the larger species are often a source of subsistence for native cultures that herd them.
- Colugos: Dermoptera - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Malayan Colugo (cynocephalus Variegatus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, COLUGOS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Badgers Weasels Skunks and Otters: Mustelidae - Behavior And Reproduction, Mustelids And People, Ermine (mustela Erminea;): Species Accounts, Striped Skunk (mephitis Mephitis): Species Accounts - PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS, GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET,
- Deer: Cervidae - Physical Characteristics
- Deer: Cervidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Deer: Cervidae - Conservation Status
- Deer: Cervidae - Siberian Musk Deer (moschus Moschiferus): Species Accounts
- Deer: Cervidae - Indian Muntjac (muntiacus Muntjak): Species Accounts
- Deer: Cervidae - Red Deer (cervus Elaphus): Species Accounts
- Deer: Cervidae - White-tailed Deer (odocoileus Virginianus): Species Accounts
- Deer: Cervidae - Southern Pudu (pudu Pudu): Species Accounts
- Deer: Cervidae - Moose (alces Alces): Species Accounts
- Deer: Cervidae - Reindeer (rangifer Tarandus): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias