Tree Shrews: Scandentia
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Tree Shrews And People, Conservation Status, Common Tree Shrew (tupaia Glis): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
Tree shrews are found in south and Southeast Asia, ranging from India and southwest China eastward through Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Out of the nineteen tree shrew species, ten live on the island of Borneo.
Tree shrews live in shrub and forested areas, which are often mountainous. Many of the tree shrews are arboreal, meaning that they live in trees. Some species spend the majority of their time on the ground.
Tree shrews primarily eat a combination of insects and fruits. They also will occasionally feed on plant material, along with other small animals, including fish and mice. Different tree shrew species have their own feeding method, one species may collect black ants at night while another species digs up earthworms.
- Badgers Weasels Skunks and Otters: Mustelidae - Behavior And Reproduction, Mustelids And People, Ermine (mustela Erminea;): Species Accounts, Striped Skunk (mephitis Mephitis): Species Accounts - PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS, GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET,
- Shrew Moles Moles and Desmans: Talpidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Moles, Shrew Moles, Desmans, And People, Conservation Status - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
- Tree Shrews: Scandentia - Physical Characteristics
- Tree Shrews: Scandentia - Behavior And Reproduction
- Tree Shrews: Scandentia - Tree Shrews And People
- Tree Shrews: Scandentia - Conservation Status
- Tree Shrews: Scandentia - Common Tree Shrew (tupaia Glis): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias