Basses Perches and Relatives: Perciformes
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Perciformes And People, Conservation StatusGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET
Fishes in Perciformes live all over the world from just below the Arctic Circle to Antarctica.
Fishes in Perciformes live in freshwater or saltwater. Some live near the shore; others live far out at sea. Some live in open water; others are bottom dwellers over sand, mud, or rocks. Some live on rock or coral reefs, and some live among plants such as sea grass. Some Perciformes fishes live in still water; others, in fast-moving water. Some live in cold water, but most live in warm or cool water.
Fishes in Perciformes eat everything from algae and plankton to other fish. Some even eat land animals. Algae (AL-jee) are plantlike growths that live in water and have no true roots, stems, or leaves. Plankton are microscopic plants and animals drifting in water.
- Darters Perches and Relatives: Percoidei - Physical Characteristics, Conservation Status, Largemouth Bass (micropterus Salmoides): Species Accounts, Common Dolphinfish (coryphaena Hippurus): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, BEHAVIOR AND
- Flatheads Gurnards Scorpionfishes and Relatives: Scorpaeniformes - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Oriental Helmet Gurnard (dactyloptena Orientalis): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, FLATHEADS G
- Basses Perches and Relatives: Perciformes - Physical Characteristics
- Basses Perches and Relatives: Perciformes - Behavior And Reproduction
- Basses Perches and Relatives: Perciformes - Perciformes And People
- Basses Perches and Relatives: Perciformes - Conservation Status
- Other Free Encyclopedias