Fish Lice: Branchiura
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Fish Louse (argulus Foliaceus): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, FISH LICE AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
Fish lice are found in freshwater habitats on all continents.
Fish lice parasitize freshwater fishes. A few species attack fish living along the coast or in estuaries, but they are never found out in the open sea. They are sometimes found on amphibians.
Fish lice eat the skin and blood of their host.
Fish lice are important pests in fish culture facilities. They usually occur in freshwater facilities, but occasionally infest marine fish farms. Aquarium fish may be killed by infestations of fish lice.
No species of fish lice is considered threatened or endangered.
- Mystacocarids: Mystacocarida - Physical Characteristics, Mystacocarids And People, No Common Name (derocheilocaris Typicus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, BEHAVIOR AND REPRODUCTION, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Tantulocaridans: Tantulocarida - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, No Common Name (itoitantulus Misophricola): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, TANTULOCARIDANS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Fish Lice: Branchiura - Physical Characteristics
- Fish Lice: Branchiura - Behavior And Reproduction
- Fish Lice: Branchiura - Fish Louse (argulus Foliaceus): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Animal Life ResourceMollusks, Crustaceans, and Related Species