Anoplans and Enoplans: Nemertea
Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Anoplans, Enoplans, And People, No Common Name (oerstedia Dorsalis): Species AccountGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
Anoplans and enoplans live all over the world.
Most anoplans and enoplans live in the sea near shore— anoplans on soft bottoms and enoplans among algae. Algae (AL-jee) are plantlike growths that live in water and have no true roots, stems, or leaves. Some species live in deep, open water. A few species live in freshwater or on land. The land-dwelling species usually live on tropical islands in damp places under rocks and in rotting wood.
Anoplans eat worms, mollusks, crustaceans, and insect larvae. Mollusks (MAH-lusks) are animals with a soft, unsegmented body that may or may not have a shell. Crustaceans (krus-TAY-shuns) are water-dwelling animals that have jointed legs and a hard shell but no backbone. Larvae (LAR-vee) are animals in an early stage that change form before becoming adults.
The World Conservation Union (IUCN) lists two species of anoplans and enoplans as Vulnerable and one as Lower Risk/Near Threatened. Vulnerable means facing high risk of extinction in the wild. Low Risk/Near Threatened means at risk of becoming threatened with extinction in the future.
- Rotifers: Rotifera - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, No Common Name (asplanchna Priodonta): Species Accounts, No Common Name (seison Nebaliae): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, ROTIFERS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STAT
- Tapeworms: Cestoda - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Tapeworms And People, Broad Fish Tapeworm (diphyllobothrium Latum): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Anoplans and Enoplans: Nemertea - Physical Characteristics
- Anoplans and Enoplans: Nemertea - Behavior And Reproduction
- Anoplans and Enoplans: Nemertea - Anoplans, Enoplans, And People
- Anoplans and Enoplans: Nemertea - No Common Name (oerstedia Dorsalis): Species Account
- Other Free Encyclopedias