Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Jellyfish And People, Sea Nettle (chrysaora Quinquecirrha): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
SEA NETTLE (Chrysaora quinquecirrha): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
NIGHTLIGHT JELLYFISH (Pelagia noctiluca): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
THIMBLE JELLY (Linuche unguiculata): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Jellyfish live in all the oceans of the world.
Jellyfish medusae live in seawater from shore areas exposed at low tide to the very deep ocean. The polyps are attached to hard surfaces, such as rocks, shells, and plants, at various depths.
Jellyfish eat plankton, which is microscopic plants and animals drifting in water; fish eggs and larvae (LAR-vee), or young animals that must change form before becoming adults; other jellies; and small crustaceans (krus-TAY-shuns), which are water-dwelling animals that have jointed legs and a hard shell but no backbone.
Jellyfish are not threatened or endangered.
- Comb Jellies: Ctenophora - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Venus's Girdle (cestum Veneris): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, COMB JELLIES AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Box Jellies: Cubozoa - Behavior And Reproduction, Sea Wasp (chironex Fleckeri): Species Account - PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS, GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, BOX JELLIES AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Jellyfish: Scyphozoa - Physical Characteristics
- Jellyfish: Scyphozoa - Behavior And Reproduction
- Jellyfish: Scyphozoa - Jellyfish And People
- Jellyfish: Scyphozoa - Sea Nettle (chrysaora Quinquecirrha): Species Accounts
- Jellyfish: Scyphozoa - Nightlight Jellyfish (pelagia Noctiluca): Species Accounts
- Jellyfish: Scyphozoa - Thimble Jelly (linuche Unguiculata): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias