Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Ruby-cheeked Sunbird (chalcoparia Singalensis): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, SUNBIRDS AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
PURPLE SUNBIRD (Cinnyris asiaticus): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
GOLDEN-WINGED SUNBIRD (Drepanorhynchus reichenowi): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Sunbirds live in tropical Africa, Madagascar, tropical Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Philippine Islands, Australia, and New Guinea.
Sunbirds can be found in lowland and mountain tropical rainforest, savanna with open woodlands, gallery forests (along rivers in dry country), thornscrub, and mangrove.
Sunbirds eat mostly nectar but also fruit, insects, spiders and related creatures.
Sunbirds are not harmful to humankind in any way. They are a delight wherever they live, and a tourist draw for birdwatchers and people interested in exotic things.
The World Conservation Union (IUCN) lists two species of sunbird as Endangered, facing a very high risk of extinction; four as Vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction; and eight as Near Threatened, in danger of becoming threatened with extinction.
- Owls: Strigidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Owls And People, Eastern Screech-owl (otus Asio): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Sunbirds: Nectariniidae - Physical Characteristics
- Sunbirds: Nectariniidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Sunbirds: Nectariniidae - Ruby-cheeked Sunbird (chalcoparia Singalensis): Species Accounts
- Sunbirds: Nectariniidae - Purple Sunbird (cinnyris Asiaticus): Species Accounts
- Sunbirds: Nectariniidae - Golden-winged Sunbird (drepanorhynchus Reichenowi): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias