Titmice and Chickadees: Paridae
Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Behavior And Reproduction, Black-capped Chickadee (poecile Atricapilla): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, DIET, CHICKADEES TITMICE AND PEOPLE, CONSERVATION STATUS
GREAT TIT (Parus major): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Titmice and chickadees are located in Europe, Asia, the far north and most parts of central and southern Africa, North America, and Mexico.
Titmice and chickadees eat many types of invertebrates (animals without backbones). They also eat seeds, nuts, fruits, and nectar (sweet liquid that flowering plants produce). Most species forage (search for food) in the canopies (uppermost layer of vegetation) of trees and scrubs. Some species forage on the ground. Titmice and chickadees in the northern regions of their habitats regularly store food (mostly insects and seeds).
Titmice and chickadees have no known significance to humans, other than with respect to bird watching. The birds are relatively tame in the presence of humans and will nest in boxes made for them.
Most titmice and chickadees are common in most of their distributions. However, the white-naped tit is listed as Vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction; while three species (the Palawan tit, the white-fronted tit, and the yellow tit) are listed as Near Threatened, in danger of becoming threatened with extinction.
- Parrots: Psittaciformes - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Parrots And People, Rose-ringed Parakeet (psittacula Krameri): Species Accounts - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Tapaculos: Rhinocryptidae - Physical Characteristics, Habitat, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Rusty-belted Tapaculo (liosceles Thoracicus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, TAPACULOS AND PEOPLE
- Titmice and Chickadees: Paridae - Physical Characteristics
- Titmice and Chickadees: Paridae - Habitat
- Titmice and Chickadees: Paridae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Titmice and Chickadees: Paridae - Black-capped Chickadee (poecile Atricapilla): Species Accounts
- Titmice and Chickadees: Paridae - Great Tit (parus Major): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias