Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae
Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Conservation Status, Barred Antshrike (thamnophilus Doliatus): Species AccountsGEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, ANT THRUSHES AND PEOPLE
GRAY ANTBIRD (Cercomacra cinerascens): SPECIES ACCOUNTS
Antbirds are found in tropical and subtropical rainforests from southern Mexico to northern Argentina. However, the greatest number of species is found in the rainforest of the Amazon River basin in Brazil and the Orinoco River basin in Venezuela.
Antbirds live in damp, shrubby, forested regions and woodland areas in the tropics, including areas where the original trees have been cut down and new trees are appearing. Species in this family can be found from sea level to high on forested mountains, up to 10,900 feet (3,300 meters).
The ant thrush family is of interest mainly to ornithologists, scientists who study birds, and birdwatchers interested in ecotourism, travel for the purpose of studying wildlife and the environment.
- Penduline Titmice: Remizidae - Physical Characteristics, Behavior And Reproduction, Penduline Titmice And People, Verdin (auriparus Flaviceps): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, DIET, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Dodos and Solitaires: Raphidae - Physical Characteristics, Diet, Behavior And Reproduction, Dodos, Solitaires, And People, Dodo (raphus Cucullatus): Species Account - GEOGRAPHIC RANGE, HABITAT, CONSERVATION STATUS
- Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae - Physical Characteristics
- Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae - Diet
- Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae - Behavior And Reproduction
- Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae - Conservation Status
- Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae - Barred Antshrike (thamnophilus Doliatus): Species Accounts
- Ant Thrushes: Formicariidae - Gray Antbird (cercomacra Cinerascens): Species Accounts
- Other Free Encyclopedias